1753428 Members
5027 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 5406zl Error - 00274 chassis: (84) Slot C: Blade Crash detected

OLARU Dan
Trusted Contributor

If the problem reappears after you fillup blade C, then it's the blade not the backplane.
OLARU Dan
Trusted Contributor

Tony,
thanks for the point, mate!
I'm running against Matt here, and any point is welcome ;-)
Cheers
Tony_B
Advisor

OLARU Dan

If as you suggest the problem is with the blade in slot C not the backplane.
How do you explain the following? When all the connections are moved from the blade in slot C to the blade in slot D, the blade in slot D started to crash with the same error messages.
Tony_B
Advisor

48 hours ago the network connections in the blade in slot D were all moved back to blade in slot C. The blade in slot C now has 23 of the 24 ports in use; this is the configuration the blade was in when the blade crashes started to occur.

The blade in slot C has not crashed in the past 48 hours. I am still monitoring the switch to check for any issues. The fault appears to have been with the chassis and not the blade or the software.
Tony_B
Advisor

24 hours after the connections were all moved back on to the blade in slot C the blade crashed again with the same error as before.

Matt

I have done as you suggested now disabled the sFlow on the switch and removed the switch from the PCM+ traffic monitor. I am once again keeping a close eye on this switch.

Any other suggestions?
Don S

Regarding the problem with PCM+ and sFlow crashing modules and creating general havoc.. We've been fighting this issue for months, and per HP support, this issue is still not fixed in K.12.01 either. I would in no way continue to run PCM+ on your network.
Ralph Bean_2
Trusted Contributor

Would those of you who have a Procurve Case ID (Trouble ticket number) for this crash be so kind as to post it in this forum?

Thanks.
Tony_B
Advisor

Ralph,

Here are my case details.

Reference number 1214695736
Ralph Bean_2
Trusted Contributor

Tony, I don't think that trouble call is still open. Are you continuing to work with ProCurve Support regarding this?
Tony_B
Advisor

HP have opened a new case with the following ID 1214859945