5732 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

5406zl Vlan routing- simple

jrag2

5406zl Vlan routing- simple

Hail All,
The setup:
I am currently running out of IP address on my Class C (10.100.1.0/24) private subnet and would like to grow my network by placing new users on another Class C (10.100.4.0/24). On my 5406zl I have all my current users on Vlan 1 and created vlan 30 to host the new users/subnet. I also have a dhcp/dns server on VLAN 1, 10.100.1.4, and my gateway to the outside world is 10.100.1.1.

The pitch:
With my attached configuration I am able to place a laptop in Vlan 30 and receive a dhcp lease and even browse the web properly. I am able to ping the entire network on vlan 1. The problem is logging into my domain is very slow (and the only way it behaves better is to put a static route on my Domain Controller and DNS server.) But as it is Vlan 30 is unusable. As a test I RDP to the laptop from Vlan 1 and notice that the session gets dropped after a couple of minutes, so there might be a TTL issue here. So there must be some other configuration options I need to perform for this to work.

Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
jrag2

Re: 5406zl Vlan routing- simple

I found the issue: My gateway was misconfigured and was not forwarding the packets correctly. Thanks for looking at this thread nevertheless!

cheers.