3789 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 5412zl Bug in K.13.09 release firmware

abdullah.ali
Occasional Advisor

5412zl Bug in K.13.09 release firmware

Dear all,

after upgrading my core switch 5412zl, and after few minutes, I become unable to manage the switch by any method, neither the console.

symptoms:
when i telnet the switch from the command prompt, it shows a black blank screen, i hit enter again it disconnects me.
when i use the console cable (hyperterminal) i can login, enter the context modes like config, vlan or interface but when i apply any command, no response is there. just shows the prompt.

the problem just disappears when I boot from the other flash with older firmware image. (note: i do that by resetting the switch first then using the console to apply the boot command before the problem prevents me from managing the switch)
6 REPLIES 6
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

This is a new known issue and is caused by TFTP broadcast requests on the network. As a workaround until the proper fix is released, you can disable the TFTP server within the switch:

5400(config)# no tftp server
Paulen
Regular Advisor

As a common rule: never use latest version of HP firmware. It seems that when they include new features, the list of severe bugs grows.

Having worked with gear from several companies (such as Allied Telesyn, Cisco, HP, Juniper, Extreme) HP might not be the worst, but absolutely not among the best.

It surprises me that expectedly obvious errors keep slipping through.
Dirk Reimold
Occasional Advisor

@Matt Hobbs

you wrote:
This is a new known issue and is caused by TFTP broadcast requests on the network.

Could you tell me something more according this issue ? since our 5412zl(13.09) from time to time stops responding to every management attempt and more serious stops any routing between the vlans.

This happens twice th last 4 weeks.

Thank├В┬┤s

Dirk
abdullah.ali
Occasional Advisor

Hi All,

I advice all to use the more stable version (12.57) till the new version 13.16 is released.

Regards,
Franklyn
Frequent Advisor

Hi Abdullah,

There is a new release K.13.23 readily available, which addresses the issue, please contact your local Procurve Support for an update

Kind Regards,

Franklyn
Hugo  Sousa
Occasional Contributor

I think I'm having a problems very similar to this...

The thing is that I have fimware release 13.25.

My problem is that routing stops and I cannot connect to switch telnet.

Is this still a bug?