7228 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

5412zl not pingable anymore

zmichl
Advisor

5412zl not pingable anymore

Hi

I have a problem with a 5412zl switch. I cant ping or ssh to it, even if i am in the same subnet of one of the management-ips of the switch. I deleted the default route (by ssh) with "no ip route 0.0.0.0/0 1.2.3.4" where 1.2.3.4 is my gateway address. Then I lost the connection to the switch - okay, that was what I was expecting by deleting the default route and having my workstation in another subnet as the management ip I was ssh-ing to. Then I changed my ip address, so that my workstation was in the same subnet as the switch management ip. I just wondered that I still couldn't connect to the switch. Then I connected to the switch via console and tried to ping a host in the same subnet via CLI, but it had not work. Getting a bit nervous, I re-configured the defaut route with "ip route 0.0.0.0/0 1.2.3.4). Unfortunately this wasn't helping me too.
I figured out, that I can't ping _any_ host via CLI, except of the management ip of the switch itself. I also tried to disable routing and re-entering the default route by "ip default-gateway 1.2.3.4", deleting and re-configuring an management ip for vlan 1, and so on - nothing helped to make the switch reachable again.

Can anyone help me out with this situation? I have no idea what I could try anymore, and rebooting the swith would be veeeeeeeeeery bad :)

I hope theres anyone who has another idea :)

regards,
zmichl
2 REPLIES 2
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

Re: 5412zl not pingable anymore

You could try adding another IP to a different VLAN and see if you can manage the switch from that. That would just be a temporary measure until you could reboot the switch.
zmichl
Advisor

Re: 5412zl not pingable anymore

I already did that, but it dont't solved the problem at all - no ping to the new ip. I found the following Bugfix in software version K14.43:

IP Communication (PR_0000044004) ├в Switches running software versions K.13.65 -
K.13.68 may experience a resource leak in ICMP that eventually causes loss of IP
communication [...]

As I am running K14.41, I think I am affected by this Bug. So I am going to update the software during the next maintenance period...