1753424 Members
4883 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

6400cl Flow Control issue

Kelly Martin_2
Occasional Advisor

6400cl Flow Control issue

I have a 6400cl 10g switch that is showing in status that a port has flow control off. In config, it shows it as enabled. I confirmed that the device connected to it does have flow control enabled.

I have already rebooted the switch, and the same issue is still there.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Kelly
3 REPLIES 3
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Re: 6400cl Flow Control issue

try to upgrade to the latest firmware and check after that.

and one more thing, what setting are configured under the port, is the speed-duplex auto ?

Coz auto here means auto flow control, check the other side also for the settings
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

The "Status and Counters - Port Status" screen shows the the "operational" status of flow-control in port 2 is OFF, whereas the config screen shows the actual "configured" status.

This is typically because the other end of the link(connected to port 2) is not configured for flow-control. The other reason (as pointed out by previous reply) could be speed-duplex mode not set to Auto. However your screenshot indicates port 2 is set to "auto" speed-duplex mode.

So make sure the port connected to other end of link(from port 2) is also configured for flow-control as

int flow-control
int speed-duplex auto

Hope that helps

Javed
Kelly Martin_2
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I have not contacted HP as of yet, but will probably need to.

The 6400cl switch is only full duplex from what I can gather. There is the option to change it, but the only choice is auto. On the other end of the port is a HP Lefthand P4500 node with the 10Gig upgrade kit installed. I have one of hte onboard 1G nices bonded with one of the 10G in an active-passive failover, 10g being primary active. I've checked twice and it shows to have flow control enabled. The Lefthand node is also set to auto negotiation.

The switch shows on the config screen that flow control is enabled, but status shows off. The Lefhand node shows enabled.

Either way looks like I will be calling HP to get this sorted out.

Thanks for the posts. If y'all have any other info/recommendations for me, I would appreciate it.

Kelly