1748118 Members
3728 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AP530 blocking arp requests from wired network

Marco Wessel
Valued Contributor

Didn't reallt get anywhere myself yet either. I've resorted to having people use a non-encrypted network separate from the rest if all they're after is internet-access. I'll poke hp again.
Fighter_1

Hi guys,
Recently we have purchased the MSM 422 , I configure that with WPA, nothing fancy, default VSC, name it abc, name the SSID on virtual AP, turn off wireless security filters , it works, I can connect to it, access the network, after a while, the whole place cannot access the internet at all.
Did I do anything wrong?
Any help would be appreciated, it is a night mare for me with those APs.
Regards.
Jerry
Rolland_4

Hello again Marco

I am in contact with someone in the HP European Support Center for several months now.

He does not seem to be able to reproduce the problem we have all met with AP530 blocking broadcast traffic on the WLAN WPA.

Have you found since last year any useful information I may provide him with?

Thank you

Francois
Marco Wessel
Valued Contributor

I'm afraid not, no. I've since replaced the APs with MSM320s and an MSM422, and those have been working perfectly. The AP530s I now use when I need extra capacity for events, and in those cases I always use them without encryption. In this mode they, too, work just fine.
Adam Ryan
Occasional Advisor

Hi Rolland,

We are the same as Marco, we have ditched the 530's across our campus and rolled out MSM422's and a controller. We have not had a single outage since. Make sure you do firmware updates, you may need to request them directly from HP support to get the latest, as you wont find them easily on the site.

I know it's expensive to do, but certainly worth it!

We never found out what was wrong with the 530's...
Rolland_4

Thank you both for your answers

Adam, your advice to upgrade the firmware is good, but I already use a version from HP's support which is not (yet?) available on HP's public web site (WA.02.29 version) ...

But this does not solve the problem !