4306 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

AT Commands for a Conexant 56K ACLink Modem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter C. Schilling

AT Commands for a Conexant 56K ACLink Modem

Could someone direct me to a list of valid AT commands for a Conexant 56K ACLink Modem, which is the internal modem for one of my client's laptops - an HP Pavilion ze4500?

I need to turn off data compression, turn off error correction, and, ideally, set its communication standard to Bell103J at 300 baud.

I am getting "CRC Error" messages when connecting at 300 baud to a 1997 HAI Omni board, which is a security/automation system controller. The company's advise is to made the changes as described above.

Thank!
4 REPLIES 4
lucas_29
Advisor

Re: AT Commands for a Conexant 56K ACLink Modem

i have compaq presario 2500. also have problems with conexant modem. according to my competence AT&CLS Command is not fundamental in effective dial-up conecting. i saw query modem info that had this command not supported but they were working ok. AT is one of the command that u can configure manualy. if u are iterested i'll send a catalog of basic modem commands. my problem is: when I try to establish dial-up connect info patch shows error 680: the device is not responding. all configurations and cables are good. computer is finding the device.
Peter C. Schilling

I have been able to locate several online sources of AT Commands to try when I lay hands on my clients laptop next. I have also come across the Hyper Terminal, which will make it a lot easier to test various settings and AT Commands.

I wish I could help with your challenge. My IBM ThinkPad does not support the AT#CLS either, but it certainly operates correctly in every other aspect. AT+GMI (request manufacturer), AT+GMM (request model), and ATI3 (request modem firmware revision) work well. Perhaps those will help.
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor
Solution

Peter,

Most modems seem to want to connect at 300 using ITU-TSS/CCITT format and not Bell but almost all have an option to change that. Usually it's ATB1. I think that will also automatically turn off data compression and error correction since they are not defined in the Bell protocol.

There is a Conexant command set doc at:

http://www.arcelect.com/IML56_modem_AT_commands.pdf

You need adobe to read it. It agrees with the B1 command for Bell.

Ron
Peter C. Schilling

That is the longest modem command reference I've ever seen! The commands I was going to try once on location with my client's laptop tomorrow all appear to be supported. Additionally, the AT&V command spews forth all of the current settings, which should give me some valuable insights.

Thanks for all the help,
Peter