Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1751730 Members
5815 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Adding SFPs to existing Flex 10 switch, hot pluggable?

JA_Logan
Collector

Adding SFPs to existing Flex 10 switch, hot pluggable?

Cannot find any info on adding additional SFPs to Flex 10 anywhere. No PDFs, no answers in the forums, and no help from HP India as "we don't understand what you are trying to say", well, the feeling is mutual (very thick accent).

Can I hot plug an SFP+ into the Flex 10 switch, or do I have to pull the switch (which IS hot swappable), plug in the new SFP, and then re-install the Flex 10 switch.

If anyone can direct me to documentation on a flex 10 expansion of SFPs it would be greatly appreciated, I cannot locate anything on HPs site search.

4 REPLIES 4
JA_Logan
Collector

Wow, 30 views and no one yet? Please assist if possible, this is a time sensative issue.

Thanks.

Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

AFAIK, all switches of the current generation (and at least last 5 years) support hot plug of SFPs (ignoring some bug here), so that would include the flex 10 modules.

There are several Flex10 modules available, so please be more specific in the question (e.g. with the part number),

Best regards,Peter

JA_Logan
Collector

HP BLC VC 1GB RJ45 SFP Part number 453154-B21 going into HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module Part number 455880-B21

Same as the other 4 SFPs in the switch, they were in there from day 1 though.

Thanks for the reply.

Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

That should be no problem, just plugin and use them !