1752490 Members
5710 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Alerts HP ProCurve Manager

willinfo
Frequent Advisor

What is the relation between the security monitoring ( Preferences => Security Monitoring) with ip spoofing, protocol anomaly ... and the ignored/throttled alerts and the alerts which appear in the events tab in PCM ????
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

regarding:
---------
I don't know how to know if my PCM server is configure as a trap receivers in the switch
---------

To know if PCM server is configured as a trap receiver in the swich:
when you do a 'show snmp-server', you should be able to see the IP address of the PCM server under the "Trap receivers" section of the output.

Say your PCM server IP is 192.36.54.142 then you should see something like this in the above command output:

Address Community Events
--------------------------------------------------
192.36.54.142 public all

if this is not there, then configure the switch to add PCM server as one of the trap receiver as :
(config)#snmp-server host 192.36.54.142 all public
(config)#write memory

after the above step, check in PCM GUI under the Events tab in the device group folder. You should be able to see events listed from that switch.

willinfo
Frequent Advisor

I don't understand that :
after the above step, check in PCM GUI under the Events tab in the device group folder. You should be able to see events listed from that switch.
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

check the attachment.
I meant the Event Tab for the corresponding device family folder, within which the switch is present.

Note that there Event Tab is also seen if you highlight a device ( within the device family folder) as well.