Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts I received from my procurve manager

Alerts I received from my procurve manager

Hi I just want to inquire about the alerts I received from my procurve manager plus. I want to know what's causing the problem and how do I resolve it. Below are the alerts I receive almost every 30 mins. Thanks!

Alert1:

Source: Traffic Monitor
Severity: Major
Date: Tue Jul 18 18:50:43 CST 2006
Content: Unable to write segment 192.168.14.248_port_A1 in segmentmapentrytable to data base!

Alert 2:

Source: 192.168.44.245
Severity: Critical
Date: Tue Jul 18 22:28:38 CST 2006
Content: Excessive broadcasts (formerly broadcast storm) - Action taken:Warning issued. $http://192.168.44.245/cgi/fDetail?index=1942

2 REPLIES
Frank J. Wood
Occasional Visitor

Re: Alerts I received from my procurve manager

Hello Aji,
This reply is regarding the "Source: Traffic Monitor" event. If this event is occurring every 30 minutes could you check to make sure that the Traffic Auto Wizard is turned OFF (Menu: Tools->Preferences->Traffic). Then, perform the "Undo All Automatic Configuration" from the preferences. If this stops the events, you can then add monitored ports manually to traffic one by one. If the event still occurs afterwards, but only for the specified port (192.168.14.248_port_A1), attempt to remove the port from traffic monitoring and readd it. If this event is occurring for multiple devices/ports attempt to remove them all from traffic, make sure the events stop, then readd them one at a time.

Re: Alerts I received from my procurve manager

Hi Frank,
thanks for your help. I already did what you told me and I just have to wait if I will still receive the alerts/events. Can you also explaine to me the meanning of this events I received "Unable to write segment 192.168.14.248_port_A1 in segmentmapentrytable to data base!" I am just concern that it may degrade the performance of my switches since the severity is major and critical. I hope that I can not just stop the events I received but correct also the problem causing it. Thanks in advance for your help.