Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752571 Members
5105 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Beginner VLAN setup

hmaa

Beginner VLAN setup

I'm new to this VLAN stuff; I understand the concept, but I've yet to master the execution.

I have a 2626, which I want to have 3 VLANs. I want VLAN A and B to be able to talk to each other, but I want VLAN C to be separate. I want all the VLANs to be able to route to the Internet.

How do I do this?
8 REPLIES 8
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

hi ..
you can see carefull below config

1-create vlans
(config)#vlan 1
config(vlan1)#ip address 100.100.101.1/24
config(vlan1)#untag 1-10
config(vlan1)#vlan 2
config(vlan2)#ip address 100.100.102.1/24
config(vlan2)#untag 11-16
sw config(vlan2)#vlan 3
sw config(vlan3)#ip address 100.100.103.1/24
sw config(vlan3)#untag 17-20
sw config(vlan3)ex
sw (config)#

we create tree vlans on your system this vlans we make write ip routing commnad for internet and vlans between connection

sw(config)#ip routing
sw(config)#ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 100.100.101.10(this ip address your internet router lan interface)

FOR ├Д┬░NTERNET ROUTER-------------------------------------------
and your internet router you make write ip route command

introute:100.100.101.0 255.255.255.0 100.100.101.1
introute:100.100.102.0 255.255.255.0 100.100.102.1
introute:100.100.103.0 255.255.255.0 100.100.103.1

---------------------------------------------

all vlans connect between and internet

now sperate vlan 3 other vlans
if you have switch 2610 we can make ACL command but you have switch 2626 therefore
we make filter-port
filter port command seperate one or more port each ohter port
vlan 3 port 17-20 ;this port separete all port only internet router port permit.

good luck...

cenk

cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

not : vlan1 in reside client become ip address with vlan1 same network and defaut gateway vlan 1 ip address

example :
vlan1 user
ip add :100.100.101.10
subnet must:255.255.255.0
defaultgateway:100.100.101.1
cenk

hmaa

So the default gateway of a client is the web management IP of the switch for that VLAN?

Also, which port would I use to link to the router? And would that be untagged as part of the DEFAULT_VLAN?

In addition, if I had two switches instead of one, would I just copy the VLAN setup to the other switch or would I have to modify something?
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

So the default gateway of a client is the web management IP of the switch for that VLAN?

yess default vlan for switch management this ip wep manegemet,telnet connection same ip address vlan member client default gateway.

if you want not use default vlan for client traffic for only managemet.
-------------------------------------------
Also, which port would I use to link to the router?

above configuration you use vlan 1 untag port connect to the router.
-------------------------------------------
In addition, if I had two switches instead of one, would I just copy the VLAN setup to the other switch or would I have to modify something?

not make copy vlan config for other switch
because vlan config very easy and each switch needed possible different vlan config
you carefull each switch uplink port each uplink port must be default vlan untag and other vlan tag member
cenk

hmaa

VLAN A would untag port 1, but would VLAN B and VLAN C tag port 1 since that's the port that will be connecting to the router for Internet access?
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

yes tag port carry vlan information ;you use vlan avare ethernet interface(ip phone ,printer,computer etc.)connect this vlan and make ip routing .
cenk

hmaa

If I connect other switches to this switch with the VLANs, do those other switches need to have the VLANs configured to pass the traffic through?
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

you make other switch same vlan config and connect each switch uplink port you make set vlan 1 untag port and all other vlan tag port

no need ip address other switch on vlan only assign vlan 1 ip address other switch

cenk
cenk