1753622 Members
5641 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Bios version for higher capacity HDD

Sittichai
Occasional Contributor

Bios version for higher capacity HDD

I have replaced the new HDD with 30 GB capacity ,but the BIOS don't detect the new one evenif setup to Auto or Manual (Checked HDD is OK , Manufacturing S/W detected) .
My presario notebook 1200 XL125 with updated BIOS version 0F20 ( date 07/14/00 ).
I'm not sure that this version is lastest bios or not . How can I got the information to solve this one ?
Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bios version for higher capacity HDD

I don't think the networking forum is the best place to post this question. I am not very familiar with al the forums that are available but I think one of these may get you better results.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/familyhome.do?familyId=407
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

You have the latest available BIOS and with a date of 00 it should be able to see 30G.

Are there any jumpers that need setting on your drive?

Who made your drive? What model number is it? Usually the drive maker offers a program on their website to check out the install and to put an overlay on if your BIOS can't handle it.

Ron
Sittichai
Occasional Contributor

THank you for your info , I used 30 GB Samsung HDD as master (model MP0302h) that checked ready with other system .
Bios version is F20 updated .
I try to test by remove/reinstall RTC battery afterthat the bios can detect HDD. But evenif the power is shutting down , the next power-on, Bios can't detect HDD