108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can not telnet 4000m, 2524

SOLVED
Go to solution
COS_3
Occasional Advisor

Can not telnet 4000m, 2524

We just installed PCM 2.0 and noticed that I can not telnet any of procurves swtiches if I have PCM services running. I can telnet to all procurves as soon as I stop HP services and we had same issue with 1.6 so Is this normal ?
Could this be fixed ?
thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor
Solution

Have you configured PCM for config scan? My guess would be that you are exceeding your telnet session limit.

Try running PCM, delete a device from PCM and then try and telnet to it from a command prompt.
COS_3
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I think it's telnet sessions limit, It says Max. number of sessions are active..try later..
So how do I fix it ?
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Make sure you logoff the telnet session. If you close a telnet session without logging off (by hitting the X in the corner) the telnet session will remain consumed on the switch.
COS_3
Occasional Advisor

Thanks bunch..I will try that..
COS_3
Occasional Advisor

Okay, I do not login to any of HP switches for weeks but I can not still telnet to any of procurves unless I stopped HP PCM services on the PCM server. Does PCM put some sort of lock on procurves when it's running so no one can telnet to them ? Does PCM terminates telnet sessions properly ?
thanks again
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

I know PCM 2.0 uses Telnet during discovery and that there is a limit to the number of concurrent Telnet sessions but it has never kept me from gaining access. I suspect that the telnet preferences in PCM is not setup correctly and that PCM is holding onto the telnet session longer than it should.

Try connecting at he console and do a:
show ip ssh to see the connections

Then do a kill # where # is the telnet session and see if you can then telnet in.
COS_3
Occasional Advisor

I did not set telnet username and password because I was affraid that PCM might start changing on all swtiches and we might have some issues so I left telnet username and password blank. Should I setup telnet correctly ? Would it change anything on all procurves ?
thanks again..
COS_3
Occasional Advisor

Okay, I setup telnet username and password correctly but still can not telnet many switches. I restarted the pcm services which let me access few switches for sometime and than same thing after couple hours. There are not much telnet settings in PCM configuration so not sure what else to check. I end up stopping pcm services temporarily every time I need to telnet any of procurves.