108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't get more than 2 VLAN's to show up in routing table on 5406zl

SOLVED
Go to solution
JeffM_1
Occasional Contributor

Can't get more than 2 VLAN's to show up in routing table on 5406zl

Iâ m having trouble getting more than two of my VLANâ s to show up as static routes in the routing table. Once I have configured the VLANâ s and enabled IP Routing only the first two will show up in the routing table. Iâ ve tried manually configuring a static route to that VLAN but that doesnâ t work either. Iâ ve also tried adding a fifth VLAN and that one wonâ t show up either. I know the 5400zl is limited to something like 16 static routes but Iâ m only at 4 static routes that are showing up with the 2 VLANâ s and loopback routes. So my question is, are there some other restrictions or am I configuring something wrong?

Here is my setup; I have 4 VLANâ s setup and the first 3 are configured with IP addresses because I want routing between them and the 4th VLAN I did not configure with an IP address because I do not want it access to any of the VLAN's. Like this:
VLAN 1 | Office | 10.10.0.250/16
VLAN 11 | Voice | 10.11.0.250/16
VLAN 12 | Shop | 10.12.0.250/16
VLAN 13 | Guest | no IP address

Attached is my config and routing table:

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Can't get more than 2 VLAN's to show up in routing table on 5406zl

If a vlan does not have at least one active port in it, then its network address will not show up in the route table.

If you do a 'sh ip' you'll see all the vlans' that are configured with ip's, but when you do a 'sh ip route', if some are missing its due to no active port on that vlan.

hth...Jeff
JeffM_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can't get more than 2 VLAN's to show up in routing table on 5406zl

I got it, Thank you very much... I've been beating my head over this. I was thinking the VLAN had to be assigned to a port to show up in the routing table, so I tried that... but I didn't realize that the port active (or "UP" when you do a "show vlan") in order to show up in the routing table.

Thanks again,
Jeff