1753468 Members
4597 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot ping

Nikunj Damani
Advisor

Cannot ping

I have an HP Procurve 2900 48port switch and I am not able to ping it nor I am able to view its web interface when I type in its IP address. Although the switch is working fine as the devices connected to the switch can get on the network and all.
I have another 2900 48 port switch which I can ping it and see its web interface. Cannot figure out what the problem is. Please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Assuming that the switch in question has a configured management interface, maybe you cannot route to the VLAN that the interface is on from your current location?
Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
Nikunj Damani
Advisor

Well, I could ping the switch and monitor it from the web interface a week ago and nothing has changed on the network since then so I would assume that there is something else going on. Also, forgot to mention that the software version is not the latest one but then there is another switch that is running on the same software version as this and everything is working fine on the other switch.

Please help.