1752665 Members
5453 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Catalyst 3020 blade witch for hp. Problems withs ports going err-disable

champ_

Catalyst 3020 blade witch for hp. Problems withs ports going err-disable

Hello all!

I know this maybe be the right forum for this questin, nut I´m hoping that someone can give men an answer. Since I´m a newbe to Cisco and switches I use the Cisco Network Assistans go help me access the SAN switches.
As i mentioned in the subject the ports gets in err-disable mode on the switch almost all of the time I restarts the host. I have to disable and then enable to port to get it up again. I also get this message in the switch:

This port has been disabled becasue Link has been found to be fluctuating between up and down states rapidly.
Reason could be bad physical connector hardware or drivers on the switch port och connecting device is faulty.

Recommendation: Replace physical connector or upgrade drivers on switch port or try replacing cable and enable port again.

Is some setting I can change on the switch to make this dissapear? Any commands in telnet againt the switch?
1 REPLY 1
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

Re: Catalyst 3020 blade witch for hp. Problems withs ports going err-disable

You can make it go away or (what is probably more appropriate) you can enable the auto-recovery of the port so that if it is disabled due to the link flapping it will be automatically re-enabled after 5 minutes.

The command for that is "errdisable recovery cause link-flap"

You can also change the default time of 5 minutes (300 s) to something a bit lower with "errdisable recovery interval X" (where X is a number in seconds)