Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752794 Members
6062 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Choosing HP switch 48x Ports 10/100/1000 Mbps 4 ports SFP 1Gbit and 2 ports SFP 10Gbit

Gvidas

Choosing HP switch 48x Ports 10/100/1000 Mbps 4 ports SFP 1Gbit and 2 ports SFP 10Gbit

Hello, can anyone help to find best solution swith like these specifications i cant find anyone hp swith like that ;[

5 REPLIES 5
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Choosing HP switch 48x Ports 10/100/1000 Mbps 4 ports SFP 1Gbit and 2 ports SFP 10Gbit

Just an example: what's about an HPE Aruba 2920 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports (which has already 4 SFP ports on the front side) plus an additional optional 2 SFP+ ports sub-module (to be installed on the Switch back side)?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Gvidas

this one i also whatched but i didnt find that he have got StackWise plus technology..

Gvidas

also ethernet port should be out-of-band i also didnt found information on aruba ;[

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Gvidas wrote: this one i also whatched but i didnt find that he have got StackWise plus technology..

AFAIK StackWise Plus technology is a technology "label" trademarked by Cisco...if you are looking for Virtual Switching (made through frontplane/backplane stacking)...better if you start to look generically for (frontplane/backplane) stacking - pay attention: not management stacking - instead of just looking for a technology name that is Cisco related only (HPE/Aruba use other terms to name Virtual Switching technologies available on some of their various Switch series: frontplane stacking through the VSF that stands for Virtual Switching Framework technology...available only on Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch series, backplane stacking deployed with the help of special stacking modules/cables which is valid for some others Aruba Switches like the Aruba 2920 and Aruba 3800 and, finally, an another frontplane stacking technology known as IRF Intelligent Resilient Framework available only on some Comware based Switches).

A "like-for-like" features/requirements/limits comparison between what Cisco offers and what HPE/Aruba offer in terms of switching virtualization technologies...is really up to you...especially if your reference looks so specifically Cisco centric.

If you're basically looking for a Virtual Switching (frontplane/backplane stacking) technology then, regarding specifically the Aruba 2920, it admits backplane stacking through proper Stacking Modules (see Aruba 2920 back side) and special Stacking Cables (not Ethernet cables like in frontplane stacking cases).

If you can afford some Switches that belongs to HPE FlexNetwork Switch series (included the HPE OfficeConnect 1950 Switch series) the IRF switching virtualization technology would be the way to go.

I'm not an HPE Employee
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Gvidas wrote: also ethernet port should be out-of-band i also didnt found information on aruba ;[

What are you exactly mean when you refer to "out-of-band" in relationship with an "ethernet port"? It's not clear to me.

Is the OOBM technology that you're really looking for...or what else?

Better if you start with the HPE Switch Selector page here.

I'm not an HPE Employee