Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752579 Members
4015 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq SW5450 Gigabit Switch Configuration

Brent Meshier

Compaq SW5450 Gigabit Switch Configuration

I recently purchased a lot of used SW5450 switches. They didn't come with manuals. My first question is, where can I did up a manual for one of these switches. My Second question is how do you configure this device? When powered the the MGMT light flashes green (disabled). I tried connecting a serial cable and opening a terminal, it doesn't respond. The switch grabs an IP but I can't telnet, again no reponse. I downloaded the CNMS software with no luck reaching the switch. Everything else appears to function properly. What is the secret to accessing the configuration? Anyone have a manual?
2 REPLIES 2
Marcus_20
Frequent Advisor

Re: Compaq SW5450 Gigabit Switch Configuration

The SW5450 is made from technology acquired from Extreme Networks, altough I didn't find any reference on their webpage about it, it might be worth to contact them.
/Marcus
Imran Saeed

Re: Compaq SW5450 Gigabit Switch Configuration

I also acquired an SW5450 (used) and now looking for manual. But I managed to configure the Switch using RS232 cable and hyper terminal software. In my case the SNMP IP was set to 192.168.0.101 and the logon didn't have any password. You can try this IP and see whether it works. If you managed to get he manual please pass it to me as well.
Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far they can go.