4904 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Connect 1800-24G to Cisco 3750 with VLANs

SOLVED
Go to solution
smcan

Connect 1800-24G to Cisco 3750 with VLANs

Sorry for my ignorance on this. I've only ever configured Cisco equipment so this is quite confusing to me. I've read several other forum entries and a couple articles so I think I understand TAGGED is the same as Cisco's Trunking and TRUNK is something completely different than Cisco's idea of trunk.

Anyway, I have configured Port 1 on my cisco switch for 802.1q trunking and have a bunch of VLANs going accross it. I configured Port 24 on the Procurve 1800 as VLAN Aware Enabled, Packet Type: Tagged, and PVID: None.

With that setup, no matter what VLAN I put on any of the other ports, data won't pass.

Hopefully I've made sense and provided enough information.
6 REPLIES 6
Drew Redman
Valued Contributor
Solution

This is the correct configuration.

You've created the vlans on the 1800, correct? (It does not support VTP or GVRP, so you have to manually define the vlans on the switch).

Is port 24 a member of all of the vlans?

Packet type should be 'tagged only' and PVID should be 'none' for port 24. This will tag that port in all of the vlans, and it will be untagged in none.

Have you added access ports to the vlans as untagged members? How are you doing your testing?

smcan

Thanks for the reply. I did get it working with this configuration. I found another post that said I may have to reboot the 1800 after making this change to port 24. As soon as I did that it started working. Seems like a bit of a weakness but I'm glad it's working.
eng_Tareq

i'm trying to configure vlans in the organization and trying to configure trail vlan for testing.

i have cisco switch 3560 poe series
the configuration is
!interface gigaethernet 0/4
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
!
vlan 1 10.4.0.12

and hp switch
the configuration is
port 24 tagged only PVID in none
vlan 1 10.4.0.11

i now that the vlans should pass through the trunk tagged link
but pinging between the switches doesn't work

plz help
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

In you case Tariq, VLAN 1 in cisco is the native VLAN, so in HP change to "All" and on the "PVID" put vlan 1, that should do the trick
eng_Tareq

i need to pass both vlan 10 ,11
is this configuration will do that
:)
eng_Tareq

cause i want it to be a trunk link to pass all the vlans i need