Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting HP Procurve to Cisco 3560

Gannet
Occasional Visitor

Connecting HP Procurve to Cisco 3560

I have an HP Procurve 2626 where all devices are on the default Vlan 1. I need to connect the Procurve to the Cisco 3560, but Vlan 1 is shut on the Cisco.

I also have another Procurve that I need to connect to a Cisco 3750. Also default Vlan on HP, but on the 3750, there are multiple Vlans.

How can I go about doing this?
2 REPLIES
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

Re: Connecting HP Procurve to Cisco 3560

hi Gannet
respondent all questions cisco&procurve Interoperability

http://www.tecnocael.it/ftp/docs/ProCurve_Cisco.pdf
cenk

joe_butler
Advisor

Re: Connecting HP Procurve to Cisco 3560

Its all down to the vlan configuration on the HP procurve.

The quickest fix, (but a bit sloppy) would be to plug a port on the procurve which will be by default untagged into vlan 1 into a port on the cisco which is native (untagged) into the vlan you want to connect to.

you could also can go into configure mode on the procurve then type:

configure
vlan (vlan num)
untag (port number)

this will create a vlan and untag the ports you specify into the vlan. You may also want to add an

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.x while under the vlan menu to allow management from that vlan.