New Discussion юеВ

Connecting PC to a different Subnet IP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vlan Sample Configurati
Occasional Advisor

Connecting PC to a different Subnet IP

Hi All !!!
If i go to PC B & C and and say Ipconfig i get ip thro dhcp in 10.100.100.x range and works fine with all authentication.

Now if i go to PC A as shown in the Slide and say IP config.I want to get the ip config result in the same series of IP: 10.100.100.x
SNM: 255.255.255.0
DFG: 10.100.100.1.

I do i do that,Do in need to create any vlans in HP procurve 2650 and trunk between 4108Gl and HP 2626.
Pls explain with basic steps i need to do for communication to happen between hp 2650 and hp 2626.Pls send me sample configuration with all basic steps.Is configuring the switch thro menu interface and CLI interface is same or only limited utilities with menu interface

Thanks and Regards
6 REPLIES 6
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Connecting PC to a different Subnet IP

Hello Vlan Sample Configuration,

What you should be able to do in this setup is create a 2nd VLAN on the 4108 and then connect a cable to any of the ports on the 2626.

From the CLI (it is the most powerful of all the management interfaces) you would type something like this:

4108(config)# vlan 2
4108(vlan-2)# untagged b1
4108(vlan-2)# tagged a1

You would connect the 2626 up to port B1, and port A1 would be the fibre link going to the 2650.

Then on the 2650:
2650(config)# vlan 2
2650(vlan-2)# untagged 1
2650(vlan-2)# tagged 50

PC A would go on port 1, and 50 would be your fibre port to the 4108.

That should do the trick, once you've verified it works, do a 'write mem' on each of the switches to save the configuration.

Don't forget to assign points to posts that have helped you.

Matt

Vlan Sample Configurati
Occasional Advisor

Hi Matt !!!
Thanks a lot for your Reply!!
I configured as per your sample configuration.Still its not working.Iam sending the configurations which i did in both HP2650 and 4108.Pls help,and see if i have made any mistake in the configurations

regards
Rajesh
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

I couldn't see the configuration of the 4108 in the file. The 2650 looked okay if the client is on port 1 and the fibre link on port 49.
Vlan Sample Configurati
Occasional Advisor

Hi Matt!! pls see the attached hp4108 Configurations. The Port b1 goes to Hp2626 and c1 goes to the fibre link of 2650 port 49 tagged.
If i connect a PC to port 1 of 2650 untagged and say ipconfig in CMD it is not taking any IP only 0.0.0.0 is being released.As per my request iam supposed to get IP:0.100.100.X
SNM:255.255.255.0
DGW:10.100.100.1
This is the first time iam configuring Vlans in switches.Do i need to configure trunking on both 2650 and 4108.Actually in the 2650 switch 1port is for a PC to connect to 10.100.100.x IP and the remaining 47 ports are used PC to connect to 10.20.227.X network. Pls help me.Do i need to do something else for this setup to work.Pls ask if u need any other details
Regards
Rajesh
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

The configs look right to me. There is a chance that spanning-tree is blocking one of these new links though. If you run 'show spanning-tree' and see blocking on any of the involved ports, that will be the problem.

If that's the case then this solution won't work and you'll need to try another method.

What type of device is the one that has the Serial A/LOM Port? Is it performing the routing or is the device above it doing that?

If you can capture and share the 'show tech' report from all these switches it may to help understand what's happening.
Vlan Sample Configurati
Occasional Advisor

Hi Matt !!!
Thanks a lot for all the information you provided.The setup is working fine now.

Regards
Rajesh