Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating L3 interfaces on 5400zl switch

Steve Cromie
Occasional Visitor

Creating L3 interfaces on 5400zl switch

I would like to create an L3 link between 2 5400zl switches. It appears that this can't be done on an interface like a Cisco switch, but has to be done on a vlan. My question about doing this on a vlan is STP. I want an L3 interface, not something that participates in spanning tree and send's recieves bpdu's. How do I prevent the interfaces that are in the vlan from being part of the common spanning tree?
3 REPLIES
Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Creating L3 interfaces on 5400zl switch

spanning-tree bpdu-filter
Steve Cromie
Occasional Visitor

Okay so there is no way to actually turn of spanning tree for interfaces that we want to actually be L3 interfaces?
Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

The action of bpdu-filter is indistinguishable from turning spanning tree off in any way I can think of:

1. Disable sending BPDUs
2. Ignore received BPDUS.
3. Lock the port in forwarding state.