Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSCP on ProCurve 2900 / 2600 series

Steven Hewitt
Occasional Contributor

DSCP on ProCurve 2900 / 2600 series

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling to get my head around some basic concepts of DSCP.

About to implement VOIP, which obviously I'll want running over a seperate VLAN. This is all setup - no problem.

However the only two non-ProCurve switches in our network don't support 802.1p which means I'm going to have to use DSCP - which I've never done before.

Can some explain how I can have Expedited Forwarding (101110 I think) on all packets that are tagged with a particular VLAN?

I don't understand how I can assigned EF into the ToS field of all packets based on their VLAN ID, and even if I do - does the ProCurve automatically support DSCP codepoint 101110 out of the box or do I need to do some remapping?

Thanks,

Steve
1 REPLY
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Re: DSCP on ProCurve 2900 / 2600 series

there is a default mapping see "show qos dscp-map".

does the attached screenshot from the "advanced traffic management guide" help?