108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DTC Telnet Port modification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matthew Ghofrani
Regular Advisor

DTC Telnet Port modification

Is it possible to change the way terminal ports are configured so that I can force the telnet terminal connection to use whatever I want it to use?

Looks like it is hard coded somewhere to use port 23, if that is the case, can it be changed?

Thanks
Life is full of bugs
4 REPLIES 4
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hello,

Actually that cannot be changed, the system has determine ports to be used for specific usages.
In this case the connection is by default telnet /23 and there's not way to change this value.

Best regards,

Marco
Just unplug and plug in again ....
Kwan Fong, Emile
Honored Contributor

Hello Matthew,

On an MPE/iX environment, there are two methods to make a Telnet connection to a port other than the default port (23).

The first method is running Telnet in the MPE environment. First run Telnet from the colon prompt, then use the Telnet "open" command to specify both the IP address and the desired port number. The following is an example of opening a Telnet connection to IP address 192.1.1.1 and port number 9100:

:run telnet.arpa.sys
Telnet Client [A7500000](C) Hewlett-Packard Co. 1994
telnet> open 192.1.1.1 9100
Trying...
Connected to 192.1.1.1

The second method is running Telnet in the posix environment. This method allows the IP address and alternate port number to be specified in the telnet command. The following is an example of opening a Telnet connection to IP address 192.1.1.1 and port number 9100

:shell/iX> telnet 192.1.1.1 9100
Telnet Client [A7500000](C) Hewlett-Packard Co. 1994
Trying...
Connected to 192.1.1.1
King is the customer!
Matthew Ghofrani
Regular Advisor

Thanks a lot. I ended up using iptables in my destination to route from specific source that is coming to port 23 and send it to the other port.
Much appreciated.
Life is full of bugs
Matthew Ghofrani
Regular Advisor

Thanks
Life is full of bugs