1752786 Members
5883 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Daylight Savings Time update

PDnet
Advisor

Daylight Savings Time update

Has HP addressed the changes in DST? The code on the switches will need to be updated to reflect the new start and end dates for DST.

thanks

stu...
4 REPLIES 4
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: Daylight Savings Time update

With the current firmware releases they will not adjust automatically for the changes this year in DST. I would imagine this is currently being investigated.

If a firmware release does not come out, as a workaround you could use the 'time daylight-time-rule User-defined' option.
PDnet
Advisor

I had figured that was the case. This is a little disappointing. I guess I'll have to deploy TWO changes now for something that should have been addressed months ago. And with the sorry state of PCM's ability to actually deploy this type of change, it will end up being manual in a high percentage of cases. (Yes, I'm a little upset about this.)

stu...
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Using the CLI Wizard in PCM has always worked well for me, apart from the occasional switch that doesn't have the right communication parameters set.

Here in Australia we have 3 different daylight savings rules on the eastern side of the country, all on the same longitude. Then of course the state governments will change it every now and then to suit whatever schedule (most recent was the Commonwealth games). I feel sorry for programmers that have to deal with this.

Anyway, long story short, I'm forced to use the 'user-defined' option on my switches, fortunately it works great.
PDnet
Advisor

The CLI wizard works for those switches with a functional CLI. However, for the several hundred 4000Ms I still have in my network, I need to find another solution.

Not to be too arrogant, but the US market is the primary market for Procurve. The change to DST was not a surprise and should have been addressed long ago. This is a pattern with their development team, unfortunately. The switches provide a great value proposition, but development and support are often lacking.