Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deskjet 6122

qim_1
Advisor

Deskjet 6122

I have tried to solve this problem for nearly two years without much joy! Help!!!

I have a home network: a 98SE connected to a printer and to a modem and onto cable. This computer is always ON, and works fine.

I have a laptop on XP connected to the modem, and keep having problems with printing. Sometimes it does sometimes it does not. I found that if I got out of Word 2002 and restarted Word before each printing all worked well. Recently, probably because I updated the XP to Service Pack 2, the problems returned and I am unable to keep Word going as it keeps crashing. Microsoft error reporting advises me that the problem is with the driver or application.

I can access either computer and internet is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

qim

3 REPLIES
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Re: Deskjet 6122

Could be the normal template is corrupt. Search for all normal.dot files and rename them to anormal.dot. Then start word. It will make a new one.

Also XP turns on the firewall by default. It may be blocking the traffic. Try turning it off and see if that helps.

Ron
qim_1
Advisor

Hello Ron

I have the XP firewall permanently turned off. As for the templates every time I get the problem I go throuigh the whole rigmarole of deleting corrupt files and using winword /a to get a fresh start, but it just happens again.

Today I simply deleted the network printer icon so that I could use Word.

So the problem has to do with the driver that I should use on the XP to allow me to use the printer on the 98SE. But HP does not offer any help on this.

Any help from you appreciated

qim
qim_1
Advisor

Help!!!

I've spent two years trying to solve this problem and can't find a solution!

qim