108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Disable SNMP Collection in PCM 3

SOLVED
Go to solution
DavidDCSD
Occasional Advisor

Disable SNMP Collection in PCM 3

I have another piece of software for SNMP Collection on my PCM server.

Can i shutdown SNMP in PCM 3
7 REPLIES 7
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

Re: Disable SNMP Collection in PCM 3

By SNMP collection I presume you meant Traffic statistics polling of ports? If that is the case, then you can disable this overall in PCM through the Tools>Preferences> Global>Traffic window, where you select the 'Disable' radio button on the first section and do an "Apply".

If you would like to do this on per port basis, you can navigate to the Traffic Tab and select the port(s) and launch the right click menu which provides you an option of "Manually disable sampling and statistics"

Let know if that helped!

Ps: if you are running another SNMP application on the same PC(though ideally its not recommened to do so), then make sure there is no conflict in terms of the ports that PCM might require for other SNMP functions like Trap reception etc.

Javed
DavidDCSD
Occasional Advisor

In 2.x i was able to modify a config file to shutdown PCM's syslog server. Thats what I would like to do for v3. PCM cant parse logs at all (asked for that and guess its was too hard for HP). So i run a piece of software on the PCM server to do that.
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

AFAIK, PCM does not automatically get registered as syslog server for the devices it manages. One needs to explicitly configure in the device to say that PCM Server will act as a syslog server for the device

So to solve your problem ( assuming you have set of devices which have been configured to send syslogs to PCM server) you can select those from the Device list and issue a CLI command (using the CLI feature in PCM) which will 'un-configure' the syslog server setting pointing to PCM server.( config# no logging

Hope that helped!

Javed
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

on the other end, there could be a configuration file method to instruct PCM server to not listen for any syslog messages, but its advisable not to tamper any such files which are used internally by PCM server, because this method is not officially support - as far as i know.

Javed
DavidDCSD
Occasional Advisor

The issue is PCM takes port 514 the standard SYSLOG port. I don't want PCM taking it. In v2 you could disable the syslog server. That is what I want to do here.
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor
Solution

maybe you can give this a try:
LISTEN_FOR_TRAPS = true
in globalprops.prp..under server\config

disclaimer: no gurantees!A
DavidDCSD
Occasional Advisor

it was the right file this is what i was looking for