New Discussion юеВ

Re: Duplex mismatch noticed on 5308xl

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dimitris_Koukas
Valued Contributor

Duplex mismatch noticed on 5308xl

hello all,

I have a problem with a 5308xl Procurve switch, in particular quite oftnely we have noticed a "Duplex mismatch" message on the the Switch's GUI.

I have noticed that this message appears even if both ends of the link (switch and PC/Server) are configured simillarly (e.g: both sides are simmilarly half or full duplex).

does anyone ever notice a weird behavior such as this one? And if yes what you did in order to sort it out?

br

dimitris
4 REPLIES 4
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

My understanding is that the duplex mismatch notification comes up due to the fault finder algorithm which looks for certain things before issuing that error. In the case of a duplex mismatch it would be looking for FCS/Alignment errors on that ports counters. Once it exceeds a certain amount or errors the notification will be issued.

To correct it, I would be double checking the cable itself, patch panel leads, and the NIC itself.

Alternatively you can try reducing the sensitivity of the fault finder (default is medium) to low:

5304(config)# fault-finder duplex-mismatch-hdx sensitivity low

and

5304(config)# fault-finder duplex-mismatch-fdx sensitivity low
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

What code version is the switch? I saw a lot of the FFI errors go away when I went to 10_04.
Dimitris_Koukas
Valued Contributor

Les the version of my switch is 7.8. So in any case I will shortly upgrade it.

Matt thank you for your usefull tips I shall this out I will let u know what was the result of my actions.

In any case I really want to thank u both guys.

br

dimitris
Dimitris_Koukas
Valued Contributor