5960 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Errors in PCM2.0+

Jonathan Axford
Trusted Contributor

Errors in PCM2.0+

Hi Guys,

I have a constant stream of 'warning' error messages that come into the event viewer of PCM2.0+, They are :

SegmentA40_9308_SW1.scat.somerset.ac.uk_port_GigabitEther has stopped receiving sFlow trap PDUs. Segment marked down.

143 occurrences in the last 15 minutes of... Segment A16_9308_SW1.scat.somerset.ac.uk_port_GigabitEther has stopped receiving sFlow trap PDUs. Segment marked down.

These are 2 of my core 9308 switches, there is usually about 200 of these messages per day. Is it something to do with the traffic monitoring functionality of PCM?

Any idea's would be much appreciated,

Cheers
Where there is a will there is a way...
3 REPLIES 3
Eirram_1
Frequent Advisor

Hello Jonathan,

This, I believe, is a known issue since mid 2005. Make sure you have the latest patch applied to your PCM installation.

Release note at:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/PCM16a-Rls-Note.pdf

Main URL at:
http://www.hp.com/rnd/software/network_management.htm

I see you have PCM 2.0 and the patch says 1.6. Perhaps the fix was not checked into 2.0. If still no go, I would advise to open a call with ProCurve support.

Goodluck
Jonathan Axford
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

I have just upgraded to version 2.1 and the problem is still there, I will open a case with HP and see what they can do,
Cheers for the info,
Where there is a will there is a way...
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Are you trying to monitor individual ports that are members of a aggregated set? If so, then you cannot, and must monitor the virtual aggregate segment instead.