1753519 Members
4918 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event descriptions?

Anders_35
Regular Advisor

Event descriptions?

Should these event descriptons tell me anything?

2 1 0 1

21 18 0 18

I've seen a couple of others as well.
It's hard to correlate these directly between PCM+ and the ProCurve switch event logs, since timestamps are slightly different (PCM+ machine clock not synced..), and PCM+ doesn't seem to pick up all the log messages from the switches.
3 REPLIES 3
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Could you give us a complete message example? Without looking up anything, I'm guessing that they are OIDs.

PCM does not show the payload time but rather the arrival time. I have been complaining about this for months both to division and the beta stream but so far have not received any reply. Setup a parallel TrapLog and/or SysLog receiver that shows you the entire payload and then you will be able to correlate the events with the switch logs. I would suggest though that you timesync all your switches and NMS boxes.
Anders_35
Regular Advisor

Lack of time sync is just temporary, corrected next week, I hope.

What you see is the complete event, except for time stamp and IPs.
The messages came in relation to disabling and enabling some mesh ports.

I am guessing they are uninterpreted error codes, and was wondering whether there could be a list somwhere that I could look them up in.
Ralph Bean_2
Trusted Contributor

Hello Anders -

Are these marked in the Event Log as warnings ("W"), informational ("I"), debug ("D"), etc?

It would be helpful if you could give us the entire Event Log message, verbatim.

Regards,
Ralph