1753436 Members
4867 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Excessive Broadcasts on Procurve 2810

Bernadette Roche
Occasional Contributor

Excessive Broadcasts on Procurve 2810

I'm getting this error on one port that is a fiber link to another switch - PC 2610. Tried all kinds of fixes - new 2610 switch, different fiber patches on both switches, 2610 firmware upgrade, 2810 firmware upgrade, new module on both switches, fiber tested clean. Error is enough to take out any machine attached to that switch - phone, pc, printer. Any ideas how to resolve?
5 REPLIES 5
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Sounds strange, are you sure it's not a loop? Have you tried enabling spanning-tree?
Bernadette Roche
Occasional Contributor

I know I'm going to sound unknowledgeable from the get go. How do I enable this? How can I check for a loop?
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

A loop is when you have a single cable connected back to two ports in the same network. Usually accidental but they happen too often.

From the command line of the switch

2810# config
2810(config)# spanning-tree
2810(config)# write memory
Bernadette Roche
Occasional Contributor

Looking at the configuration report, it lists "spanning-tree". Does that mean it's enabled? I just haven't logged in to the switch console yet - trying to save myself a few steps walking :)
latchum
Advisor

I am getting the lot of excessive broadcast error logs in one of my 2626 switch, what could be the problem and how it will cause to production.

We are getting complaints about slow access from some users who connected these switches, can this cause to this problem?

Regards,
Naidu.