1751743 Members
5425 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Excessive CRC/Alignment Errors on port

Mark Danner
Advisor

Excessive CRC/Alignment Errors on port

My 5308XL is getting these errors, mostly on the ports that connect to my 760WL Integrated Access Controller. They are mounted adjacent to each other, so there's no connections other than patch cables. I keep changing patch cables and I keep getting the errors.

The ports on both devices are set to Auto and the 5308XL is reporting that the ports are configuring to 100FDx (which should be correct for the 760WL).

I've tried manual (100FDx on both) but get a lot of errors saying that my ports are mismatched, even though all the ports were set to 100FDx manually....

Other than patch cords and configuration, what would cause this on multiple ports?

5308XL info:
Version: E.10.44, ROM E.05.04

760WL is using the latest software.

Mark
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Danner
Advisor

Re: Excessive CRC/Alignment Errors on port

I have a temporary fix in place. That port was not being used by the 760WL, so I disabled it and now no errors (rocket science!) I had configured it for future use.

I'll keep the thread open for a couple of days to gather any insight from others.

Mark
Mark Danner
Advisor

Re: Excessive CRC/Alignment Errors on port

The temp fix is working. I still get a few of the errors, but not as many as before. I've got bigger fish to fry right now, so this one's going on the back burner.

Mark