1752806 Members
5783 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

File corruption when saving to network drives

Neil_77
Frequent Advisor

File corruption when saving to network drives

Some users at my company have reported that they are sometimes experiencing file corruption when saving large Microsoft Word documents to the network drives.

They do not experience any problems if they simply save them to their local hard drive.

I've checked on the HP network switches we have - no errors on any of the ports the users are connected on (so no evidence of a duplex mismatch or anything like that)

I've checked on the routers - no obvious signs of any problems there either (just checked interfaces, cpu utilisation etc).

Is this likely to be a network issue or is it possibly an application issue? (The only information I have is that the corruption is happening with large Word documents containing macros but only happens sometimes. I don't know if it happens with any other file types too)

Is there anyone out there who has experienced similar problems and knows of the cause/resolution?

2 REPLIES 2
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: File corruption when saving to network drives

If there are no errors logged at the NIC or the switch, I would suspect the anti-virus software on the server.
Neil_77
Frequent Advisor

Re: File corruption when saving to network drives

Thanks, Les. Temporarily switching off the anti-virus software definitely helped matters though didn't resolve it completely, unfortunately.