New Discussion юеВ

Re: Firmware UpDate with PCM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Firmware UpDate with PCM

Hi.
I have tried to update a switch with HP PCM. I got an error saying that the software is not found. Is there an automation to get the software in server? Or where I put manualy the software to do my update?

I know how to do it manualy with the switch, but i would do it with some automation like TopTools and scheduling the update.

Anyone can answer?

Tx a lot!

Marc

Tx
11 REPLIES 11
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Firmware upgrade is a feature available only on PCM+ and on PCM during the trial period.

I believe that the PCM+ server doesn't automatically connect with hp servers to 'pull' firmwares. I think that you have to manually (administrator triggered) 'pull' the firmware list by going to the Setup.
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

HI.
When i do everything, i am always logged as admin.

I have already look in the seting and we can only download a LIST of software available on HP. I have look in the help and there are no explanation for it. It only give the wait to put device on software update sceduling.

I think theres a bug there? or maybe we cant do software update with the tial of PCM+? I still have the licence to 8 august! And the PCM is registered...

Any idea?
Tx
Marc
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Hi Marc,

Can you attach a snapshot of the error. I am still not sure what the problem is.

Would i be correct to say that you start the Software Update Wizard, select the device and version etc. and when you hit the finish button, you see and error.

Where are you seeing this error? In the SWU status window or is it in the Event Browser?

What device and version you are trying to upgrade?

thanks
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Hi. Here the error

I just done some test again. When sceduling the update, i look at the folder \data\download\. The file is downloaded when you click finish in the software update wizard.(what i understood when doing some test). But, the file stop to download below 200kb, but must be near 1Mb.

Is the download is done by FTP from the HP server? I will try to download manyaly from the HP web site. And retry to do a software update with PCM.

Marc
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor
Solution

Hi Marc,

Do you have a proxy running between you and the HP.com site or a cache server? You need to make sure that they are not caching from this particular site.

Work around:
Download the zip file from HP.com and then you need to unzip it and place it in the \server\data\download directory

hope that was helpful.
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Hi.
tx for your reply.

As you sed, I think the problem is the proxy.
Friday I had download the file and placed the unziped one in the DOWNLOAD folder. It make it work.

I have open the FTP port for the PCM server but its not working. At least, it work when done manualy for the files download. I think I have to speak with ther person in charge of the proxy!

Tx
Marc
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Actually it uses HTTP to do the transfer and not FTP.

So you might want to try and open out-going port 80 request.
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

mmm, weird. I can download with internet explorer, but not with PCM...

The user logued in to the PC and the IP address are open for HTTP and FTP...

I will do a recheck with the proxy, etc...

Tx for help
Marc
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Marc,

I think i am pretty positive that turning off caching will solve this issue.
BTW what type of proxy are you using, is is Linux based?