1753479 Members
4763 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Firmware download link broken

Frustrated 10000
Occasional Contributor

Firmware download link broken

Looks like HP is not interested in helping folks download firmware or in learning they have a problem at one of their ftp locations.

What is the trick to letting them know that ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/j4110926.zip is failing after only downloading 586kbs of a 2MB upgrade?

Looks like I have to make a phone call, dang.
4 REPLIES 4
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Well... either there is a problem with your proxy or temp inet files, or your complaining fixed it. It DL'd fine for me.
Hector Manzo
HPE Pro

I tried downloading the same file from two different systems but did not have a problem. Is anyone out there also having the same problem?

-Hector
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Frustrated 10000
Occasional Contributor

Made the call.......got the fireware via ftp. while waiting, downloaded a different fireware load for a diferent HP Switch. That download processed fine so it is not a firewall/computer config issue. Still could not download the firmware I needed.

Guy on the phone was very helpful but offered no reason why there was no email link on the page to report download problems.

Thanks
for your response
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

>>That download processed fine so it is not a firewall/computer config issue.
I would not make such a broad statement. A transient issue could result in a corrupt copy stuck in either the proxy cache or the PC cache. One or both may need to be purged.

Moot point however since you got the file.