Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753500 Members
4404 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware levels and PCM Usage

Cliff Perrington

Firmware levels and PCM Usage

I am trying to find out if there are any issues with the firmware level of a 5406zl and using the PCM 2.2 software to update the firmware level. We have 2 5412zls and 6 5406zl switches and I am in the process of updating the firmware on them.

When I tried using the PCM software to update the 5412zls it would not correctly update them or allow a reboot to apply changes. I had to use the web interface on both to load the updates then on one I had to pull the power to get it to reboot. The 2 5406zls that are done were less problimatical because I was at the location of each device when updating them, the remaining 4 we would like to do remote updates.

The current level the remaining 4 switches are on is K.12.57, we want to go to K.14.60 but can't do a straight jump due to boot ROM levels of K.12.12.

With the current firmware level and boot ROM levels is there a compatibility issue with PCM 2.2? I ask because the software does not update the images, I have to use the web interface or TFTP to load the image. While these are good backup options idealy it should be the PCM software that is used to push updates, currently it does not appear to be doing it's job.
2 REPLIES 2
Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

Re: Firmware levels and PCM Usage

This is an issue with the Latest Fimrware index file as gong from 12.x to 14.x you need to do a rom update in between.

Contact HP support and they will provide you with the options to change in the index file.

Trev.
Cliff Perrington

Re: Firmware levels and PCM Usage

Would you elaborate on that, I'm not sure I am understanding what you are refering to.