Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1754020 Members
6752 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Flex-10 Server Profile two nics same network

sis_ps_di4

Flex-10 Server Profile two nics same network

Does someone know how to configure two network interfaces in the same network (same vlan) in a Flex-10 server profile? When I try to use the same network for multiple interfaces in the same server profile an "duplicate enet" error occurs. At the moment I think this configuration is not possible.

I have two Flex-10 Ethernet Modules in a HP BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure. I use only one shared uplink set.
6 REPLIES 6
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

The same network can be assigned to NICs on different LOM only (i.e LOM1a and 2a), Assigning the same network to 2 NICs on the same LOM (i.e 1a and 1b) wont add any value, redundancy still the same since it is the same physical LOM and the bandwidth assigned can be changed from the server profile. Is there any specific reason to do that?
sis_ps_di4

Thanks for the answer.

I like to do the configuration for an Windows SQL Server Cluster where the management and data traffic is on the same vlan but on different interfaces.
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

Ah ok, makes sense now. Unfortunately VC wont allow you to assign the same vnet to two NICs on same LOM. Maybe you can create 2 Vnets for Same VLAN, but it wont be possible with current config, one single SUS.
sis_ps_di4

I think I will test the cluster with one interface for all the traffic. The new SQL Server 2008 should support it. But perhaps HP will implement this feature in the future. ;-)
Ben Peck
Occasional Advisor

This is especially an issue for Microsoft Hyper-V where 1 virtual switch is paired with one interface. Hopefully HP can fix this!
xavgra2

Hi, no news about this point ?
I have exactly the same problem, trying to configure a trunk for a hyperV server, including the vlan where the management NIC is.