Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752798 Members
5964 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Frames sent to 9:0:9:0:0:67 - is it possible to disable?

SOLVED
Go to solution
sthen

Frames sent to 9:0:9:0:0:67 - is it possible to disable?

I have some 2824 switches (running I.08.105, fwiw) that I'd like to use as port aggregators for BGP routers which themselves have only a small number of ports.

It's common for internet exchange-point switches to limit the number of MAC addresses that can be used (e.g. Cisco port security max-mac-count 1/port security action shutdown).

Unfortunately every 60 seconds the Procurve switch transmits a frame containing the switches name, model, software version, IP/MAC address and maybe other details.

procurve_MAC_address > 9:0:9:0:0:67 sap f8 ui/C len=80

Perusal of the manuals hasn't suggested a way to disable this from being sent out of either a certain port, or any port (either would be fine for me, I'm only using SSH to manage the switch so I don't think it would be a problem to do this globally).

I've already tried lockout-mac 090009-000067 but multicast/broadcast MACs don't seem to be accepted there. Is there a way to do this? (preferably while still running a software version that supports bpdu-filter :-)

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

From memory those frames are sent because of the stacking feature. Try 'no stack'.
sthen

Bingo - thanks very much.