1753326 Members
5013 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fun with PCM+ Registration

Michael Davis_9
Advisor

Fun with PCM+ Registration

I recently wiped out my server install of PCM+ and reloaded it. Of course, my previous registration numbers would not work so I had to re-register it. No problem.

When I attempted to re-register PCM+, since it had been registered already, the website came back with a most amusing message. I will try to attach a very small .jpg of the message, but in case that doesn't come through this is what it said:

"Only one attempt to generate a key for a given Registration ID is allowed and the limit has been reached for this Registration ID. Please contact support at 1-800-555-1212 to unlock the Registration ID."

Yep, that's the phone number for US Directory Assistance. No harm, no foul since the correct support number was listed in the right-hand frame of the page, I'd just like to thank whoever it was that created that page for giving me a good chuckle at the end of what had been a very trying day.
3 REPLIES 3
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Nice!

*rotfl*
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

LOL!

Have you reported this to HP?

SCOOTER
Michael Davis_9
Advisor

Oh, yeah, the tech I finally got hold of and I had a good laugh over it.