Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun with PCM+ Registration

Fun with PCM+ Registration

I recently wiped out my server install of PCM+ and reloaded it. Of course, my previous registration numbers would not work so I had to re-register it. No problem.

When I attempted to re-register PCM+, since it had been registered already, the website came back with a most amusing message. I will try to attach a very small .jpg of the message, but in case that doesn't come through this is what it said:

"Only one attempt to generate a key for a given Registration ID is allowed and the limit has been reached for this Registration ID. Please contact support at 1-800-555-1212 to unlock the Registration ID."

Yep, that's the phone number for US Directory Assistance. No harm, no foul since the correct support number was listed in the right-hand frame of the page, I'd just like to thank whoever it was that created that page for giving me a good chuckle at the end of what had been a very trying day.
3 REPLIES
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fun with PCM+ Registration

Nice!

*rotfl*
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

LOL!

Have you reported this to HP?

SCOOTER

Oh, yeah, the tech I finally got hold of and I had a good laugh over it.