cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GbE2 switch trap destination

desijat
Advisor

GbE2 switch trap destination

Hi - I am trying to find out where I can add the SNMP trap destination for a GbE2 switch. Looking at the current SNMP parameters, I can see all the settings but I do not see the IP of the trap destination (Insight Manager server).
Any help is appreicated.
5 REPLIES
LucianoCarvalho
Respected Contributor

Re: GbE2 switch trap destination

Hi,
You can use the command /cfg/snmp to access the snmp menu configuration or use the command /cfg/snmp/trap to configure trap destination.

regards
desijat
Advisor

Thanks for your reply. However, "trap" is not an option on the snmp menu for a GbE2 switch i.e. the command /cfg/snmp/trap will take you to the snmp menu, but you cannot set the trap IP (the error is - ambiguous command "trap"). From what I have read, it seems like the trap IP may have to be set using the snmpv3 section (within that menu, you can work with snmp v1/2/3).
LucianoCarvalho
Respected Contributor

Hi,
Did you try the command /cfg/snmp/trap?
desijat
Advisor

Thanks again for your reply.

Yes, I did. I login to the switch, type in /cfg/snmp/trap. This results in displaying the error:

Error: ambiguous command "trap"

At the same time it lists the SNMP menu. The menu listed does not have any option to set the trap IP address.
LucianoCarvalho
Respected Contributor

Hi sheikhar.

I think you are running an old os version on your GBE2, but through web browser you can still set the trap destination.
As I remember the trap destination option is on the first page when you accessthe switch via web browser.
This time I don't have a switch like to test, but I'll try to get one for test when possible, and I post the results to you.

Best regards.