1752862 Members
3941 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

GbE2c FW upgrade

Daniel Brejcha

GbE2c FW upgrade

Hi

I have a problem upgrading software image on GbE2c switch.Currently there are two images with software versions 1.0.0 and 1.1.0. When i try to upgrade any of them to higher version (via tftp server using "gtimg" command) it just says "image too large for flash".
Is there some way to clear the flash memory ? Or maybe other solution ?
5 REPLIES 5
Nick Chernetsky

Re: GbE2c FW upgrade

I have same issue with my switches when I try to upgrade from 1.0.0 to 5.1.3. but 2.0.6 works fine. Is there any solution?
Thank you.
Dieter Sattler
Occasional Visitor

Firmware version 1.0.0 must be upgraded to 1.1.0 before upgrading to 2.0.0.
Firmware version must be at a minimum of 2.0.4 to upgrade directly to version 5.1.3.

This should fix your problem.

Dieter
thhorna
Occasional Advisor

Hello,
we had same Problem when trying to upgrade from 2.x to 5.x Firmware Release. Support gave us kindly Information that we can upgrade such big step only through Serial Connection. We used "HP GbE2c Ethernet Blade Switch for c-Class BladeSystem User Guide" for serila procedure (just search for Firmware). So it worked finally.
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

I have the same problem. One switch with 2.0.14 firmware was updated easily but another with 1.0.x firmware....?

From where did you get the V5.x.x image file for the serial update? The only download I find is the complete tool with embedded firmware. But I need a .bin file for the serial upgrade.
Or is there a way to extract the firmware.bin from that package?
"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

Ooops... I just found the EXTRACT button in the utility.

Blindness is a common problem with IT professionals :-)
"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"