Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1748239 Members
3739 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 2524

Erik Ibsen_1

HP 2524

I'm trying to find out the differences in the fault detection sensitivity selection in the 2524. High seems to alert Toptools to every inconsequential error, and has me running around too much. Medium seems to be a better setting, but I can't find a listing of specific faults that each setting will pick up. The network here is quite large (roughly 180 2524's) and streamlining error detection would be most helpful. Does anyone have any ideas where faults/levels would be listed?
3 REPLIES 3
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Re: HP 2524

Hi.
Look a this PDF link for TT.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpt01033/bpt01033.pdf
This document will help a bit. But it does not explane witch alert is in witch sensivity (warning, critical or info).

If you find the listing somewhere, I would be glad to have it too.

Marc
Erik Ibsen_2

I found the info I was after. At the command line (while in config mode) the command "fault-finder" is used. With it, each fault setting can be removed, or set to what level is required. Very useful settings. I removed loss of link entirely, as users on our network move around so much, it was causing undue amounts of errors to be reported.
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Hi.
I have HP 4000 switches and I would do the same as the 25xx. I have look in the switche, but I dont know how to do, its not the same as 25xx.

Any idea?

Marc