Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752587 Members
4120 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 2524

Peter Just

HP 2524

Hi- I just installed three 2524 in a stack at one of our remote locations. The cable plant is new and has been tested and certified. I looked at the logs and noticed that ports were being blocked by LACP and as a result were going on and offline periodically. I disabled LACP, however, I do see ports going on and offline throughout the day. It is less frequent now, but is this normal?
2 REPLIES 2
Mohammed Safadi
Advisor

Re: HP 2524

Hey Peter

In the default configuration, all ports are configured for passive LACP. How-ever, if LACP is not configured as Active on at least one end of a link, then the port does not try to detect a trunk configuration and operates as a standard, untrunked port.

So it is highly recommended if you don├в t need to use Dynamic TRUNCK in your setup to disable LACP when you start configuring your switch, because if the other end was in Active LACP status they will start to negotiate for the trunk, and during the negotiation period these ports will be blocked, and if you already have STR, this period of blocking the link may cause changing the topology in RST and block other links.

To disable LACP in all ports you can issue the following command
HP2524(config)# no interface 1-24 lacp

Hope this may help
Regards
Peter Just

Re: HP 2524

For the ports going on and offline periodically, is there anything I should check that would eliminate this problem. A lot of my users are using terminal services and their are complaining about frequent 3-5 second pauses in their RDP sessions. I am trying to determine if there is a connection. Thanks,