Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 2650 consol login gives wierd characters

jose_104
Occasional Contributor

HP 2650 consol login gives wierd characters

Hi,

I have an HP 2650 Procurve switch. I tried to login using the consol. It gets to the "Initialization...done" part but, then goes into a bunch of wierd characters.

I tried resetting to factory defaults but, that doesn't work and I don't have the same problem with other switches.

Attached is a screenshot of the error

Has anyone seen this?
1 REPLY
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP 2650 consol login gives wierd characters

I presume everything looks OK in a telnet session. I think that the console setting got changed.

console [terminal [screen-refresh ] [events ] [baud-rate ] [flow-control ] [inactivity ]
Sets the console parameters.
Parameters:
 terminal - Type of terminal being used (default is vt100).
 screen-refresh <1|3|5|10|20|30|45|60> - Sets the number of seconds before a refresh is done on the â Status and Countersâ screens (default is 3).
 events ] â The level of Switch events displayed in Events Log. all - display all; none - display no events; not-info - display all events except informational-only; critical - display only critical-level events; debug (reserved for Internal use only).
 baud-rate ] - Sets the data transmission speed for switch connect sessions initiated through the Console port. Default is speed-sense.
 flow-control - Flow Control Method; default is xon-xoff.
 inactivity-timer <0 | 1 | 5 | 10 | 15 | 20 | 30 | 60 | 120> - Sets the number of minutes of inactivity allowed by the switch before the switch will terminate the communication session. 0 means never terminate