1753653 Members
5337 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 2810 switches and 802.1x using Microsoft 2008 Network Policy Server

Giovanni Trapasso_1
Frequent Advisor

I am in the same situation as well, being at the University of Alberta. We will deploy in stages when we get this issue solved, and test everything again.

One thing I would suggest, if you have a chance is to call HP support and register this issue.

When I do a show tech all on the HP 2810 in the logs there is an error where it cannot connect to my Radius server /NPS server. All my other series of switches are not having that issue, the commands are the same on the HP 2524 and the HP 2510 as with the HP 2810, but the HP 2810 does not work.
Ajohnson_1
Occasional Advisor

Will do, but at this point i have to move on. Staff members are starting to show up now and I'm here 12+ hours a day taking service calls as it is. I just don't have time to straighten this out.

I was getting the same error on both the NPS server and the switch.

I'm really hoping that by the time I'm ready to try again in December that there's a solution out there :)
Giovanni Trapasso_1
Frequent Advisor

Finally got to testing this issue again, it looks like a firmware issue. Have been able to reproduce the issue on a test switch on my production server. Works with firmware N_11_09 but does not work with N_11_15. I am going to downgrade one of my production switches to N_11_09 and see if things are will work. will post after I test the production switch.
Ajohnson_1
Occasional Advisor

New firmware was released in the last couple weeks. The fix seems to be listed in the release notes. I'll be upgrading my switches soon, but won't be able to test against NPS for a couple of months.

Linky: http://www.procurve.com/customercare/support/software/summarypages/n-j9021-c.htm