108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 5300 error message

SOLVED
Go to solution
Erik Ibsen_3
Advisor

HP 5300 error message

We have 2 5308XL switches, which were very recently upgraded to E 7.40 firmware. The other night one of the switches crashed, and gave the following error in the event log:
software exception in ISP at alpha_hs_int.c:547
It looks like it rebooted and recovered properly. Luckily, this occured on the B (redundant)switch in our system, after hours with little traffic. I am concerned though, as I haven't seen this fault with any of the previous firmware revisions. Can anyone shed some light on why this error occured?
2 REPLIES 2
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: HP 5300 error message

Hello Erik,

since this is a new firmware I suggest to gather as much data (show tech all, crash logs and crash data) from the switch maby also a small topology on your network and call HP support. This will be to complicated to talk about in the forum.
For phone support see http://productfinder.support.hp.com/tps/CLC?h_product=top&h_tool=contacthp&h_lang=en&

Kind regards,
SCOOTER
Erik Ibsen_3
Advisor

Re: HP 5300 error message

Strangely enough I called HP support shortly before you posted this, and sent them a show tech and show boot as well as the error message. Turns out it's normally a card hardware fault, but because the logs showed several cards with the same error, it seems to be the chassis. We should be getting a new one today.
Thanks for the good direction Scooter!