Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 7850/Cable modem problem

paul scherer_1
Occasional Visitor

HP 7850/Cable modem problem

PC came with ME, but I've upgraded to XP and I cannot get the ipconfig to renew so I can connect to cable modem. I even formatted and restored to original ME configuration and the IP still won't renew (where I'm at now). I've tried with both ethernet card and USB with same results. Tech support at cable company figured my last chance was to format and put orginal config back on, so they pretty much can't help anymore. Modem is motorola SB5100. I have tried resetting the modem and such. Cables and modem works because they work perfectly on my laptop (Win98).