7183 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP AdvancedStack Hub 12TXM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Craig_88

HP AdvancedStack Hub 12TXM

Greetings, I recently aquired a used 12TXM hub with the 10/100 TX switch module. I have been trying to log into the console manager except the previous owners had set a password. Does anyone know how to reset the password to the default state?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can clear both usernames and password by pressing the 'Clear' button on the Hub for 10 seconds.

Tks to assign points if useful :-]

J
You can lean only on what resists you...
Craig_88

I have looked on this hub for a "clear" button but there is none. Is it possible there is a headder on the motherboard somewhere?
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Oops. I read 12TM instead of 12TXM. It's a bigger problem.
The default password is empty (just press return).
It also happens that on some series (not sure about 12txm) turning on and off power several times turn the machine back to factory defaults (empty password).
If it doesn't work, then I'm afraid you have to contact your vendor or HP team to get password reseted...

J
You can lean only on what resists you...
Craig_88

Thanks for the reply, I'll give the power on/off a try. Even though I do not need to reset the password since this hub is being used at my residence. But none the less I would like to be able to log into the hub and use it's features. If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to comment...
Ardon
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Try the following:

User Name: I5rDv2b2JjA8Mm
Password: A52896nG93096a

Ardon
ProCurve Networking Engineer
Craig_88

Thanks :) I was able to access the hub and now have it configured properly :)