5575 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP KVM Cat5 - 0x1x8 Server Console Switch - Help Req'd

Richard Smith_19
Occasional Contributor

HP KVM Cat5 - 0x1x8 Server Console Switch - Help Req'd

Hi there,

I am reasonably new to this kind of thing, so be gentle. :) I have a HP KVM Cat5 - 0x1x8 Server Console Switch connected to 5 servers. I want to know if it is possible for this device to be remotely managed.

I have tried assigning it an IP address, but cannot find anywhere to do so, including the OSD. I have tried accessing the Console Management via serial, but when doing so, i am presented with characters and codes, even when trying different parity/baud rates.

I am aware that there is some software available by the name of 'HP IP Console Viewer'. I have installed this on one of the servers, and tried to scan for the device, but to no avail. When trying to 'Add a new Console Switch' using this software, my model isn't displayed, so i'm not sure if it is even supported.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

2 REPLIES 2
Richard Smith_19
Occasional Contributor

Nobody knows anyhing about this device? I know it might be in the wrong forum, but surely someone from HP/Compaq should know?

Thanks,

RS.
Richard Smith_19
Occasional Contributor

It's not remotely manageable. It only can have limited management when connected to a model of IP Server Console Switch, as the 0x1x8 isn't IP, only KVM.